Neem oil is an exceptional natural treatment for your hair and scalp, serving as a remedy to a variety of hair problems as well as a strong promoter of overall hair healthy during routine use. Neem oil for hair harnesses the tremendous neem benefits found in skincare, treatment for illnesses and beyond!
Neem oil is extracted from the seeds and fruits of the neem tree, a large tree native to Indian used for centuries in traditional Indian medicine because of its wide variety of health benefits. Of the many neem oil uses, hair care is one of the primary uses thanks to its anti-inflammatory, antifungal and antibacterial properties. Because of its versatility, neem is often referred to as the “Divine Tree” by locals.
Researched by more than 500 universities across the world, the many neem benefits have been proven effective in many applications, but today, we here at Neem King would like to take a closer look at neem oil for hair and how neem oil creates healthy hair. Let’s take a look at neem oil for hair!
Neem Benefits for Hair
Neem oil for hair provides a variety of natural benefits for your hair and scalp, including everything from encouraging silky, shiny, strong hair to relieving itchy, dry scalp and dandruff and even getting rid of head lice! We’ll take a peek at a few main benefits, but there are so many more!
- Healthy Hair: When used on a routine basis in neem oil shampoo, neem oil supports healthier hair because it is rich in nourishing fatty acids and antioxidants, protecting your hair from damage and keeping it strong over time.
- Dandruff: Beyond the hair itself, neem benefits your scalp as well. Neem oil for hair is a natural cure for dandruff and a dry, itchy scalp due to its effectiveness as a treatment for fungi, which often cause dandruff and a dry scalp. Regular use of neem oil shampoo is a great way to naturally combat and rid yourself of dandruff.
- Head Lice: Neem oil naturally contains azadirachtin, an insecticidal ingredient, which disrupts the growth and reproduction of head lice. The odor also keeps lice away, making it both a great treatment and preventive method. Use neem oil in your hair and remove the dead lice with a nit comb and repeat until you’re lice-free!
Using Neem Oil
Neem oil is completely natural and safe to use on a daily basis, but there are a few guidelines to consider when using neem oil. Here are our recommendations specifically for neem oil for hair.
- Neem Oil Shampoo: Great for your daily hair care routine, simply add neem oil to your simple, gentle shampoo. About 1-5 ml of neem oil for every 100 ml of shampoo works best for everyday use, but you can adjust based on your intended use. For dandruff or skin disorder, a stronger concentration works better, but mix it in small batches as the mixture will not keep for long periods of time. Apply the neem oil shampoo to your hair from the roots to the ends and use small amounts if you wash your hair daily.
- Neem Oil Treatment: The smell of neem oil can be strong, so many people choose to mix it with essential oils such as lavender or sandalwood to mask the scent. Just mix the ingredients well and apply to your hair and scalp, massaging gently. Rinse thoroughly and wash with your favorite shampoo.